[RPRWG] Room Reservation Problem With Sheraton

Hi all,

This is a comforter story although not a comfortable story.  I am writing
this since some others in .17 may face this issue as well.
I just called Sheraton to reserve a room.  Much to my dismay (and probably a
lot of yours as well), I found that all the rooms come only with "Down
Comforters".  Being totally opposed to be covered in live-plucked duck
feathers, I asked them if they could provide me a standard polyfill
comforter.  Their answer was no, they could not - this was a classy room
IEEE picked.  I naturally asked to be given a lower class (!) room.  All
lower class rooms were booked.

When I explained why I was opposed to using down comforters or other animal
products, the reservation clerk directed me to IEEE's Dawn Slykhouse.  Dawn
was not available, but Jennifer was, and said she was opposed to using down
comforters as well and would try to get me a room without one.  She agreed
that animal cruelty was neither fashionable nor comfortable.

The final result is that if you any of you either did not know of the down
comforter issue at Sheraton or against using one anyway,
I believe IEEE should be able to get you a different room.  The number to
contact is (408)241-8906 and their email is 802info@xxxxxxxxx  You should
send it to Jennifer's attention.

The ideal scenario is one where all .17 attendees are able to get a standard
polyfill comforter.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,
Vasan