RE: [RPRWG] Could we discard old (often obsolete) comments?

Colleagues,

A clarification on the handling of comments. Once a comment is
submitted by the WG and has been posted on the website, there are
only two ways that it can exit the database:
	1. It is resolved (accept/accept-modified/reject). Further,
		if it is a technical-binding comment AND we are in the
		balloting phase, the commenter must agree with the
		resolution, or else it is carried with the new draft
		and recirculated.
	2. It is withdrawn by the commenter during the interim or
		Plenary meeting, preferably during the comment resolution
		session.
All other comments will be carried forward, even if duplicate,
redundant or otherwise unnecessary. The editors are not allowed
to discard comments willy-nilly, and it would cause far too much
confusion if we started removing comments from the posted database
before the meeting.

To facilitate the process of dealing with redundant or duplicated
comments, the editors are expected to categorize and sort their
portions of the CRD prior to the meeting, so that duplicates can
be recognized and disposed of quickly. The commenters are also
encouraged to submit lists of their own comments that may be
duplicates of others, thereby speeding things up as well.

Best regards,

- Tom Alexander
Chief Editor, P802.17