From: David James [mailto:djz@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 12:49 PM
To: Tom Alexander; 'Anoop Ghanwani'; stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RPRWG] Destination Address of RPR control messages

Tom,

Beg to differ. Zero is "officially" owned by Xerox,
although commonly used by other standards to represent
a NULL value.

Check it out at:
  http://www.standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/index.shtml

However, there is an pending action request to the
IEEE from its MSC committee to make zero a NULL value.

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect
Network Processing Solutions