[RPRWG] RE: [IPORPR] payload length and padding and stuff

Frank,

We shouldn't be trying to mix different PHYs,
e.g. 10GE and OC-192, since they are in fact running
at different data rates, and having PHYs with different
data rates on the same ring is not allowed by the
current version of the draft.  I think the draft
is silent on this specific issue, though.

I'm cc.-ing the 802.17 list since this is an interesting
issue that has come up there as well.  Maybe someone
else might be able to shed some light on this
(PHY people??).

-Anoop