[802.3_B10GAUTO] P802.3cy Updated Comment files available and August 23rd meeting reminder.

Dear P802.3cy participants,

Updated D2.0 comment files are available in xlxs and pdf formats.

After the meeting ended today, and after the files were posted, we received a request from Bob Grow to remove additional comments from the EZ bucket.

#347 — Proposed response does not cover all of my concerns in my #361 (also flawed by reference to D2.3 rather than to be approved Std).

#381 (also #363, #365, #367, 368) — Pull from EZ unless following concern is covered under Editor license.  Current draft is P802.3/D2.3 (I did a quick scan and did not find any D2.2 to D2.3 changes that would affect the alignment).  I should have avoided specifying D2.2 in my comments and the response should similarly propose alignment with the current draft of P802.3cz. (I hope we get zero D2.3 comments and thus will be D3.0 before the end of the month.)  Most of the “also” comments listed include "P802.3cz/D2.2” in an editor instruction when it should be “IEEE Std 802.3cz-202x”.

#514 — Suggested remedy assumes #513 would be accepted (proposed reject).  (#514 SuggestedRemedy includes change from MBd to GBd value in addition to change from “rates” to “rate”.)

There was a question on comment #580 during comment resolution which Ragnar has already addressed on the reflector.

Comments with the CommentStatus "D" are the ones that have not yet been resolved.  This includes all comments categorized as "EZ".

We reviewed the presentation associated with Comment #465, but did not resolve the comment.  Please review the presentation and be prepared to resolve this comment at tomorrow's meeting.

Please review these, and all other Proposed Responses and be prepared to discuss them during our next meeting on Tuesday, August 23rd at 10 am EDT.

Presentations that go along with the comments can be found on the August Interims page.

Thanks,

Natalie Wienckowski
General Motors
P802.3cy Vice Chair and ad hoc Chair