YANGsters meeting minutes week 22 (26 May)
YANGsters Weekly Telephone Conference
2020-05-26 (week 22)
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. (Eastern Time)
- Stephan Kehrer (Hirschmann Automation and Control, Inc.)
- Scott Mansfield (Telefon AB LM Ericsson)
- Don Fedyk (LabN Consulting)
- Glenn Parsons (Ericsson AB)
- Marc Holness (Ciena)
- Mark Ellison (Independent)
- Paul Congdon (Huawei Technologies Co., Lrd
- William Zhao (Siemens AG)
- At the beginning of the meeting the YANGsters Chair presented:
- Agenda bash
- Update on Hot Issues
- Semantics of read-write in YANG
- The “config true” statement has been used in the past to express that an object is read-write. This is not necessarily the right way to indicate if something is read-write or not.
- There will be information on the usage of YANG mechanisms to model read-write access in YANG.
- An open point for discussion is if this needs to result in guidelines for modelling for 802.1 documents at some point.
- Action item: Scott to summarize and coordinate discussion.
- LLDP TLVs
- Action item: Scott to provide the remaining sets to Paul.
- Press Release Discussion
- IEEE P802f Update
- Action item: Marc is working on first draft of text
- Provide 802.1’s recommended additions to the RAC Ethertypes database
- Provide a tool to generate the YANG
- Provide 802.1’s recommendation on how to handle sub-sets of Ethertypes
- YANG Revision Update
- MAC Address Format
- Coordination meeting is being scheduled in June 2020
- Use of Git workflow document created
- Comments are currently being resolved, updates coming soon
- Information for the format of YANG file encoding should be added.
- Action item: Scott to finish draft and present
- Continue Maintenance/Guidelines Discussion
- Any Other Business
- Tooling for validation of YANG module correctness should be discussed so a common approach for validation is used by 802.1 YANG editors.
- Don Fedyk mentioned a discussion with an IETF colleague regarding the use of yanglint for testing of xpath _expression_ correctness.
- The YANGcatalog uses the following tools: yanglint, yangdump-pro, pyang, confd
- Action item: Update the YANGsters page to include more information on the existing tools (e.g. YUMA 123, yanglint, guidance on pyang, …)
- No other business.
Next meeting is 2 June 2020. Agenda and dial-in: https://1.ieee802.org/yangsters/yangsters-agenda/
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-YANG list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-YANG&A=1
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature