Re: 30 day preview PARs for 802.3

Geoff,

(1) On 802.3af, there is a small typo in the answer to Question 9 (an extra word "for").

(2) The two PARs use different formats. 802.3af seems to be the current IEEE version <http://standards.ieee.org/guides/par/par99.html>, but 802.3ae seems to be based on a rather old questionnaire.

(3) In the 802.3ae Five Criteria, I am curious about the sentence (in "Distinct Identity") that reads "Two PHY families will address two distinct application spaces, the LAN and the WAN":

-Can you say something about those two PHY families?
-Can you say more about how 802.3ae will address the WAN application space?

Perhaps you could just point me to a document.

Regards,

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828