RE: Redirection of IPF dollars

Buzz -

As you say, we are in synch here.

Regards,
Tony

At 13:25 21/10/99 -0700, Rigsbee, Everett O wrote:
>Tony,  I think we're in complete synch on this one.  Just a couple of
comments on your msg.:

>> As far as I can tell, there no longer seems to be any doubt over the third
>> possible question; namely whether we want to continue sending this money to
>> ANSI (correct me if I'm wrong).
>I think you did an admirable job of demonstrating this previously, we just
never took the official poll of the membership to ratify it.  And the money
goes to ANSI to support the "ISO/JTC1 Secretariat" (it doesn't just go into
their general fund).

>> If we can't get to d) at the November meeting, reduce the meeting fee to
$50
>> (or maybe slightly more, to allow for future eventualities) immediately,
making
>> it clear that this is a temporary measure, and that the fee may revert to
>> its current level when d) is resolved.
>I wish we could reduce the fee to $50 (I'd be a very popular guy!!!), but
what I meant was that we could reduce the fee BY $50 rather than increase
it by $25. as Bob Grow has suggested we need to.  Sorry if that was not clear.

>I agree 100% that we need a full disclosure from the IEEE Stds Office as
to what are the expenses and opportunities for lost revenue that would need
to be covered (based on some real data - not this hand-waving stuff!) to
see what it will take.  Maybe we only need $20 per attendee.  I'm surely
not anxious to offer the full $100. until I've seen some figures that
support that as the true cost.