Chair's proposed absolute power

Dear SEC,

It is my opinion that the combination of

1) the chair's (existing) power to decide what it technical and what is
procedural
2) the chair's (proposed) power to decide procedural issues

results in absolute power for the chair which might not be desirable.  While
it allows the chair to reduce the burden of administrative detail, it does
mean that a chair whose interests push him out of line with those of his
committee may be tempted to overstep the mark.  The argument that the
committee can then drag him up to the exec and have him replaced is too
crude an answer.  You might want to keep him, and keep him in line.  These
changes might lead to less transparency.

Does the committee's power to direct a chair's position on an SEC vote apply
to procedural issues under proposed rules?

Best regards,
	-- John
--
John Messenger (John.Messenger@madge.com)
Development Manager, Madge.connect, York UK