Re: Proceedural Question

Mike-

I agree with Howard on this one. I think it is a bad idea. I am of the
opinion that we hold meetings to get people to participate rather than just
observe and take the results home for extraction of value. Our meetings are
supposed to be interactive, not just a bunch of serial press releases.

I wouldn't even consider allowing it without clearance from the IEEE-SA
legal counsel. Even if he says there aren't any legal problems I would
still think that it would be destructive to the spirit of what we are
trying to do.

I think we have denied requests in the past for press camera coverage of
meetings.

I am sympathetic to the problems that some of our overseas visitors have in
terms of keeping up with discussions in a foreign language. I don't think
that this is the right solution though.

Geoff