[802SEC] PAR for EFM

Dear members of the IEEE 802 SEC, the 802.3 WG, and the EFM SG,

I made a rather bone-headed error when I mailed the PAR and 5 Criteria
for the EFM project to you earlier this month.  The 5 Criteria response
for "Compatibility" contained the wrong text in the first paragraph.
The text I sent you read:

           As a supplement to IEEE Std 802.3, the proposed project will
           remain in conformance with the 802 Overview and Architecture
           with the possible exception of allowing EPON shared media end
           nodes to communicate by means of intermediate switching nodes.

It should have read:

           As a supplement to IEEE Std 802.3, the proposed project will
           remain in conformance with the 802 Overview and Architecture
           with the possible exception of the peer to peer key concept for
           Ethernet over PON.

The former text was merely a proposal.  The latter was officially voted in
by the Study Group, as recorded in the meeting minutes. Duh.

I appologize for this error.  An updated set of the 5 Criteria responses
(the aforementioned is the ONLY change from what I mailed earlier) is
attached in the form of a PDF file.

We have scheduled a tutorial session about EFM for Monday night, July 9th,
from 8:00 to 9:30 pm.  We will review the PAR, 5 Criteria, and Objectives
for the project, and provide an overview for each of the technical
subsections within the project.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3 EFM Study Group

8023ahCritters.pdf