Re: [802SEC] +++ SEC Rules Change Letter Ballot +++ Addition of second vice chair position to SEC

I vote Disapprove on this rule change as submitted to the SEC.

I have the following issues with the proposed change.

Section 3.2.b
=============

Delete the phrase "ex-officio members of the LMSC Executive Committee"
from the first sentence of subsection "a)".  The only ex-officio members
SEC are the WG and TAG chairs and they are covered in subsections "c)"
and "d)" and if there were any ex-officio members, they would not be
"appointed by the LMSC Chair and confirmed by the Executive Committee"
as stated in the second sentence of subsection "a)".

The issue of Succession
=======================

I can find no statement in the current rules as to who stands in for the
Chair when the Chair is for some reason unable to perform his or her
duties.  While it appears to be assumed that the Vice Chair would stand
in of the Chair, what would happen if some several members of the SEC
declared that they would stand in for the Chair?  Succession needs to be
spelled out.  I agree with others that succession needs to be dealt with
at the time of Vice Chair selection when there is more than one Vice Chair.

It is unclear in Sections 3.4.2 and 3.4.2.1 whether the Vice Chair is
allowed to take these actions if the Chair is unable to do them or is
allowed to take these actions independently of the Chair.  If the
latter, how are conflicts resolved.  This needs to be clarified.

Sections 3.6.3, 3.6.4 and 3.6.5 specify activities for a Vice Chair, but
give no indication of which Vice Chair or how the Vice Chair is selected
when there is more than one Vice Chair.

Thanks,

wlq