Re: [802SEC] +++ SEC Rules Change Letter Ballot +++ Addition of second vice chair position to SEC

I disapprove, but will approve if the following get fixed (comments
courtesy of one of my committee members):

"Location: the parenthetical sentence appended to item b) in 3.2
Now reads: his' or her's discretion
Change to:  his or her discretion
Rationale: The pronouns "his" and "her" are possessives; the apostrophic
constructs presently in the text are not known words.

Location: 5.1.4.5
Proposed change: delete from this proposal
Rationale: As this change pertains to officers of a Working Group or TAG, it
goes beyond the stated purpose of the proposed change.

General comment: Geez, doesn't anybody read these things when they write
them?"

Regards,
Tony

At 14:42 31/03/2002 -0500, Paul Nikolich wrote:
>g2VJgnU11591
>
>Dear SEC,
>
>This email provides notice of the rules change letter ballot for the
>addition of a second vice chair to the SEC.  The detailed changes are
>included in the attached PDF file.
>
>Scope:  Rules Change to add a second SEC vice chair.
>
>Purpose: To amend to rules allow the SEC to have two vice chair positions.
>
>Rationale:
>The scope and size of the IEEE Project 802 has increased to the point where
>the amount of project 802 management work and range of knowledge has
>significantly increased in the past 5 years.  Adding a second vice chair to
>the sponsor executive committee will better enable it to manage IEEE 802's
>wide range of activities.
>
>The ballot opens March 31, 2002 and closes June 8, 2002 12 midnight EDT
>(remember if you do not vote or abstain it is equivalent to a DISAPPROVE
>vote).  Buzz, please ensure this gets sent to the 802-wide email list as
>well.  WG chairs, please invite your WG members to comment through you.
>
>Regards,
>
>--Paul Nikolich
>
>Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Project
>email: p.nikolich@ieee.org
>cell:    857.205.0050
>mail:   18 Bishops Lane, Lynnfield, MA 01940

Regards,
Tony