[802SEC] Re: daily aggregation notice for 802 ++FYI++

Hello all:

This is FYI.

I hope it represents good news for many of you!

Angela Ortiz
Program Manager - Technical Program Development
__________________________
IEEE Standards, 445 Hoes Lane,
Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331 USA
Telephone: 1732-562-3809  ><  Fax: 1732-562-1571
E-m:  a.ortiz@ieee.org   ><   www.standards.ieee.org

FOSTERING TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION

Hi Angela,
A week or so ago you ask for me to provide the latest status of the daily
aggregation for the IEEE Online Store.  Below is a statement that addresses
this:

The IEEE has modified the processes that support the timing of the
Standards product data that presents in the IEEE Online Catalog and Store.
This modification will now allow us to present Standards for sale within 24
hours of notification by the working groups, provided that the title and
standard number have been provided to the IEEE Standards staff at least
three days prior to the availability request.

Since, for the most part, the "working" title of a newly released standard
(draft or approved) doesn't change; we do not foresee any problems with the
new process.

We are very excited about the prospect of making standards available to the
public in a more timely fashion.

If you have any questions regarding what information you need to provide to
the IEEE Standards staff and when, please contact  Markus Plessel at
m.plessel@ieee.org, or 732-562-3989, or Linda Sibilia at
l.sibilia@ieee.org, or 732-562-3833.

Karen McCabe
Senior Marketing Manager, IEEE Standards
445 Hoes Lane, PO Box 1331
Piscataway NJ 08855 USA
PH: +1 732 562 3824
email: k.mccabe@ieee.org