RE: [802SEC] 802 Plenary registration fees

Bill:

I note you have budgeted significantly less per head in social costs, that
is good, but the costs are still much higher than inflation would justify
from what we were doing during our previous cash pinch.

I would be interested in our membership's current opinion on cookies.  When
we went through this before, economic conditions were significantly better.
Next year's budget still includes $60-70 per head for refreshments and
social.  (I also recognize the trend by hotels to require minimum F&B
doesn't allow total freedom here.)

A significant cash bump came from the two tier registration fee even though
most of our current lifestyle comes from increased attendance.  With the
problems we had in Vancouver on room pickup, I think we should consider an
additional fee for those not staying in the meeting hotel.  This fee would
increase room pickup and increase revenue (balance depends on the magnitude
of the additional fee).

You have my gratitude for a job well done, but I want to think about these
issues some more and get the advice of my WG before committing to support
the fee increase.  The one thing I unconditionally support you in is the
commitment to a solid financial position for continued operation.

--Bob