Re: [802SEC] 802 Plenary registration fees

Members of the SEC,

As Bob points out, the amount budgeted for food and beverage (F&B) which
includes the continental breakfasts, morning coffee breaks, afternoon
coffee and cookie breaks and the social ranges from $75 to $95 per
registeree per meeting.  The budgeted amounts assume that we will
continue the current level of F&B service and vary depending upon the
meeting site.  For example, I expect F&B to be more expensive in San
Francisco than in Albuquerque :-)

Clearly we can change the quantity and type of F&B service that we
provide during the Plenary week.  However, unless we make a drastic
reduction in level of F&B service, the registration fees have to be
increased to achieve and maintain a reserve adequate to cover the worst
case cancellation penalties that would result if we had to cancel a
meeting on short notice.

Thanks,

wlq