Re: [802SEC] ITSATAAFL?

At 10:38 PM 10/9/2002 -0700, Howard Frazier wrote:
I also prefer downtown locations where there are dining
alternatives within walking distance of the meeting hotel.
New Orleans gets a 10 on that scale.
We had choices ranging from Popeye Chicken ($)

Whose chicken etoufee was actually the best Cajun food I had during the week I was there.

to Brennan's Steakhouse ($$$$) in the same block as the Astor Crowne Plaza.
And we didn't have to show a boarding pass and photo ID!
(I am not getting a dime from the local chamber of commerce, I swear it).

and that is more in the terms of praise for Popeye than criticism of anyplace else.

I like having a fast lunch available in the hotel on an optional basis.
I am not in favor of having that bundled into our package if there are reasonable places to eat around the hotel.
Lots of people like to get out of the hotel for a few minutes during the day.
I think having the hotel sell stuff on a competing basis with surrounding eateries is a good idea.

I would have preferred more opportunities to go out for lunch in New Orleans

Geoff