RE: [802SEC] FW: BOUNCE stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org: Non-member submission from ["Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@att.net>]

I hope that Paul backed up his data and did a clean
install of XP, rather than using the "upgrade from
a previous version of Windows" option ... everyone
I know who took that "shortcut" had major problems
afterwards ...

A clean install is more hassle, because of the need
to backup your data, reformat the HD, install the OS,
reinstall all of your applications, then restore your
data, but my experience has been that it's clearly
the way to go in terms of achieving the stability that
either Win2k or XP can provide when upgrading from
earlier "toy" versions of Windows.

Carl