Re: [802SEC] Tutorial slots - March-another county heard from

Just to throw my hat  in the ring as well.  There has been an interest
group within 15 talking about low bandwidth applications of UWB ( as
distinct from the usual high data rate potential).  The interest group has
picked up a substantial following and at the interim meeting last week, I
suggested a tutorial in March may be timely.

At 08:06 AM 1/23/03 -0700, Roger B. Marks wrote:

>As I mentioned at the Friday SEC meeting in Kauai, I expect to have a
>formal Call for Interest on 802 Handoff for the March meeting. Any one of
>the 90-minute slots would be fine.
>
>Roger
>

> >One of the conclusions that was reached in the Link Security study group
> meeting held in Vancouver at the beginning of January was that there is a
> need to get participants in that activity "on the same page" with regard
> to relevant 802 technologies that they may be unfamiliar with. Three
> people volunteered to give tutorials on the subjects of Bridging, EPONs,
> and security, with the intent that these would be given in tutorial slots
> on either Monday or Tuesday in Dallas. Likely timing would be 1 hour for
> each presentation, including Q&A time. Obviously, there may be other 802
> participants not involved in the SG that would find such sessions useful,
> so it would not be the intent to limit participation to the SG, although
> the presentations will of necessity be focussed on the needs of the SG.
> >
> >I would therefore like to sponsor the use of 2 tutorial slots for this
> purpose, on the Monday evening.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Tony

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Chair, ZigBee Alliance
11 Louis Road
Attleboro, MA  02703   USA
Phone: 508-222-1393