From: Paul Nikolich [mailto:paul.nikolich@att.net]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 6:50 AM
To: stds-802-sec@ieee.org; Roger B. Marks
Subject: [802SEC] March Tutorial slots -- filled

All,

It appears that the Monday and Tuesday tutorial slots will be filled in
March (in no particular order) :

    - 802 handoff-           -Roger Marks
    - mesh networking-    -Stuart Kerry
    - security-                  -Tony Jeffree
    - ultra wide band-      -Bob Heile

I have also had a request from the IEEE-SA staff (Judy Gorman and Karen
Rupp) to give an Overview of the IEEE-SA (see abstract below).

Since the tutorial slots are full, would anyone object to allocating
6:30PM-8:00PM on Thursday March 13th for this presentation?  Do you think a
reasonable number of people would attend?

Regards,

--Paul Nikolich

IEEE Standards Association Overview ABSTRACT

With the aim of giving the IEEE 802 Plenary a useful and comprehensive view
of the full range of activities and responsibilities of the IEEE Standards
Association (IEEE-SA), the tutorial will:

q       Set the context for IEEE 802 within the IEEE and the IEEE-SA
organizations

q       Review the volunteer and staff organization of the IEEE-SA

q       Articulate and explain the IEEE-SA mission and key strategies

q       Describe scope of programs: membership, technical, governance, etc.

q       Explain the fundamentals of our resource allocations

q       Present current and future goals

q       Encourage Q&A