[802SEC] Let's Make a Deal For Everyone to do January 2004 in Vancouver !!!
- To: "802 Bob Grow" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Geoff Thompson" <email@example.com>, "802 Howard Frazier" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Michael Takefman" <email@example.com>, "802 P Nikolich" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Tony Jeffree" <email@example.com>, "802 Bob Heile" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Stuart J. Kerry" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [802SEC] Let's Make a Deal For Everyone to do January 2004 in Vancouver !!!
- From: "Rigsbee, Everett O" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:01:49 -0700
- Cc: "802 @F2F Dawn S" <email@example.com>, "Darcel Moro" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 @F2F Jennifer Hull" <email@example.com>, "802 Bill Quackenbush" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "802 Exec" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-Index: AcNjmlrX4Hv2lULkSiKapOsr7lpE9g==
- Thread-Topic: Let's Make a Deal For Everyone to do January 2004 in Vancouver !!!
Colleagues, During our closing meeting in SF I was asked to explore the possibilities of allowing the Wired Folks (802.1, 802.3, and 802.17) to join the Wireless Folks for the January 11-16, 2004 Interim in Vancouver, BC. After several weeks of looking at various alternatives to have a workable solution, I believe we have come up with an arrangement that does the job for an 802-hosted interim for all who care to partake.
Here's the essence of the deal and why I think it works the best for all concerned:
First some facts:
1. The Wireless Group is really too big for Fairmont VCR but had kindly volunteered to jam in there to help with the attrition penalty from July 2002.
2. The Wired guys did Fairmont Vancouver last January and it was just perfect for them.
So the deal hinges on the fact that we can get full access to Hyatt Regency Vancouver for the same week, and I've been told we can get that if we can act right now. So we can do all the Wireless Groups very comfortably at Hyatt Regency Vancouver with their more flexible meeting space and allow the Wired Groups to have full access to the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver once again (which they say they prefer anyway) and everybody's happy. Not only that but we will be able to have full coverage for our on-site network for both properties for the full week as part of our already contracted cost. This will be an obvious precursor to our November 2005 plenary with the same two properties, so we should have all of our set-up and layout issues thoroughly sorted out beforehand with hardly any effort in 2005.
So I'm thinking we need to do 450 rooms peak at HR-VCR for Wireless and 300 rooms for Wired, etc. at Fairmont VCR, and have access to all of their combined meeting spaces all week. And I believe we can do all this with a room-rate at both properties of $140.CAD/night (~=$99.US/night). We CAN work a deal to this effect if we can agree to go for it before the end of next week (8/22/03). If we get bogged down in too many other alternatives then we will probably lose our chance at this.
So I would like to open this proposal for consideration and comment from the EC and various WG reps. Can we agree to make this one work ???
It IS a combination that has worked extremely well in the past and the price seems very reasonable to me.
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
Seattle, WA 98124-2207
(425) 865-2443 Fx: (425) 865-6721