RE: [802.1] TGi use of OUI 00-00-00

Throughout this discussion, there has been suggestion of allocating a
'no-vendor' OUI?  Why is this necessary?  Why doesn't OUI imply
'Organizational Unique Identifier' such as 802.11 or 802.1 or 802.3?  Why
can't these 'Organizations' have an OUI?   I keep hearing words about
commercial entities (aka businesses) having to be responsible for OUIs.   It
would seem to make sense to me for 802.11 to ask for an OUI that they could
use to identify cipher suites (and other things) that they define.

Paul