RE: [802SEC] +++ EC P&P Revision Ballot +++ on LMSC fiancial operations
DISAPPROVE for the same reasons as Geoff, with the exception
am not sure about #1.
vote is DISAPPROVE for the following reasons:
I trust that these will all be
- 1) Please delete the following text:
- "3. Expedite the setting of LAN/MAN standards, e.g. printing of draft
- conducting ballots."
- It is my opinion that these categories are either obsolete
or the proper province of IEEE-SA
- 2) (Editorial) The numbering on page 2 (4, 5, ...) should be (1, 2,
- 3) The term "merchant account" needs to be specifically defined.
- 4) The text: "All funds received by the LMSC shall be deposited in the
LMSC bank account." has no meaning without a time frame. I would suggest
adding the term "promptly" and also adding a maximum allowable time.
- 5) In all cases where LMSC funds are transferred to/from the IEEE for
investment they shall disbursed from and returned to the master "LMSC bank
At 12:36 PM 1/23/2004
-0800, Bill Quackenbush wrote:
Dear EC members,
Attached you will
find the text for an EC Policies and Procedures revision ballot on LMSC
Financial Operations. This letter ballot was approved at the Friday,
November 14, 2003 LMSC Executive Committee meeting. The scope and
purpose of the changes being balloted are as given in the attached ballot
The ballot opens January 23, 2003 and closes February 22,
2003 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (Daylight or Standard as applicable).
(Remember if you do not vote or abstain it is equivalent to a DISAPPROVE
Please ensure this gets sent to the "802ALL"
email list as well. WG chairs, if you haven't already done so, please
invite your WG members to comment through you.