Re: [802SEC] approved drafts removed from draft sale catalog

Howard,

The EC opening meeting minutes of March 15 include the slides from
Karen's "Get IEEE 802 Update 9". It says (page 29 of the minutes):

No more approved drafts after 1 June 2004
*Shorter publication periods
  -Average down to 4-6 weeks
  -Redirect effort to drafts and standards
*Revenue doesn't justify effort

As I recall, this issue came up during a meeting with Karen (the 802
Task Force, I think) during the week. I believe that I asked for a
quantification of the effort required to remove a draft in the
catalog once approved, as compared to the effort required to remove
it from the catalog once published. I think Karen had an explanation,
but I don't recall it.

Roger