Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ EC_Membership_&_Meetings

Disapprove.

Comments:

As Geoff rightly points out, bullets 2 through 5 are features of the Emeritus position, not qualifications for it. I almost go along with Geoff's re-wording of that section, except for the observation that, if one were to be meticulous in ones interpretation of the qualificatiojn sentence, the only "long year" is the Leap Year, which makes no sense at all. Also, not clear to me what "distinguished" adds to this qualification, given the many possible meanings of distinguished (e.g., "has grey hair" or "different from xxx"). Hence, I would suggest re-wording Geoff's re-worded sentence:

"Qualifications for the position are at the discretion of the chair and the EC and are to be based on long years of prior distinguished service on EC."

thusly:

"Qualifications for the position are at the discretion of the chair and the EC and are to be based on many years of prior service on the SEC."

Regards,
Tony