[802SEC] ************** Straw Poll on EC Teleconferences **************************

Title: ************** Straw Poll on EC Teleconferences **************************

EC Members,

I am concerned that opposition on certain subtopics of the EC Membership and Meetings’ P&P Revision ballot may be so strong as to defeat the whole ballot.  Accordingly I wish to conduct a quick strawpoll on the following.

Is your opposition to the following text so strong that you would vote against the ‘EC Membership and Meetings’ revision ballot regardless of its other content?

7.1.5.2   Meetings by Teleconference

Teleconference meetings of the EC may be held.  Any teleconference meeting where formal business is conducted shall be announced along with an agenda identifying topics to be addressed 30 days in advance on the EC reflector.  No formal actions can be taken on items not included on the announced agenda.  The teleconference shall be announced by the EC Chair or his designee.  Quorum and voting requirements of section 7.1.4 shall apply.  Openness requirements apply.

If the answer to this question is yes, please send me a quick e-mail so I can tally the opposition.  If the answer is no, you need not reply.

Thanks,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.

Senior Member Technical Staff