[802SEC] Inputs for next P&P revision Telecom

Title: Inputs for next P&P revision Telecom

Dear EC Member,

The next item for discussion at the P&P revision telecom series will be resolution on the revision ballot titled EC Voting.  Based on the comments received, I have developed the following issue list as guidance for the discussions:

Clarify meaning of majority

Suspending Member voting rights with cause

                Chair, EC, or not at all

Remove section on P&P revision ballots voting since covered in separate ballot

Vote counting and thresholds

                Clarify meaning of Quorum – Valid vote threshold not members present

Extensions of electronic ballots

                Allow chair to extend if desired?

Electronic ballot durations

Close ballot early if everyone responds

Openness and distribution of electronic ballots to participants

Special voting requirements for PARs

                Minimum vote threshold

Proxy Voting

I also offer up for your consideration that attached text as a proposed resolution to the ballot comments (in word and pdf format).  Let me know if you have any questions.  I hope to complete a similar set of inputs for the ballot on WG Voting prior to the next telecom if possible.

Thanks,

Mat

<<802.0-EC_Voting_Rules-Proposed_Resolution.pdf>> <<802.0-EC_Voting_Rules-Proposed_Resolution.doc>>

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.

Senior Member Technical Staff

BAE SYSTEMS, CNIR

Office: +1 973.633.6344