Discussions following the vote indicted the key point of contention was quorum requirements during interims.  No clear consensus exists on this topic, and an addition comment resolution session has been scheduled for:

        Date:   Tuesday 3/15/05

        Time:   9:30-10:30 PM

        Place:  Room 226 Atrium Tower, 2nd Floor (executive conference room)

One comment made was that the quorum issue cannot be solved unless we also address the membership aging issue, and that the two are coupled.  We will have a ballot on WG Membership and Meetings kicked off this session that will attempt to address the aging issue.  Right now my thought is to leave the interim quorum requirement as is (50%) but add the issue of interim quorum requirements to the WG Membership and Meetings P&P Revisions so that it may be addressed together with membership aging.  Hopefully this will address the question for the current ballot

I still plan to hold the a meeting on this ballot to make sure consensus exists for the rest of the ballot. Upon addressing that issue, if people have any other issue relating to the current ballots I invite them to bring those issues forward.

Thanks,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.

Senior Member Technical Staff