From: Rigsbee, Everett O [mailto:everett.o.rigsbee@BOEING.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:25 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Material presented (or not) at the Friday EC
meeting

Hi Pat,  Yes, we have roomblock and function space review periods after
each plenary session including the November 2006 session with the
ability to adjust up or down by 20% without penalty.  We also have NO
Attrition penalty for rooms but we do have a sliding scale charge for
the reserved meeting space if we do not make at least 70% of our final
adjusted roomblock.  That seems pretty safe to me since we do have all
of the usual Force Majeure protections for any disaster or acts of
terrorism.

They were offerring us additional rooms at the Hilton Park Lane but I
was advised that it is several miles and a complicated transit ride away
from the Hilton London Metropole, so we opted for rooms at the Hilton
London Paddington instead which is just two-blocks away and just above
the Edgware Road transit station.  I do think proximity is a rather
important factor for our folks but we can certainly publish a list of
other recommended accommodations for those who are a bit more
adventuresome and/or price sensitive.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG