From: Carl R. Stevenson [mailto:wk3c@wk3c.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 18:38
To: Lynch, Michael [RICH1:2H50:EXCH]; STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Five day approval process

Mike,

We did not previously authorize "doing official business without a
quorum." There were times when we went ahead and drafted documents
during an interim without a quorum present, but they were followed up
with a conf call meeting to do the approval.  There were also times when
we had a conf call meeting to deal with work that couldn't be completed
during an interim in order to meet filing deadlines.

There are provisions in the TAG P&P and the TAG section of the 802 P&P
that allow meetings between interims via conference call, with 5 day
minumum notice, but a quorum is still required for those meetings to
take official action.

Also, anything from .18 that's to "go outside" needs 75% approval, with
a quorum present, then must pass the 5 day EC review.

That is the proceedure that was followed during my tenure as Chair of
.18.

I don't believe that it's possible to bypass the quorum requirements of
the 802.18 P&P, let alone the quorum requirements of of the 802 P&P via
a TAG motion.

This is a question of process, not a question of content from my
perspective.

Regards,
Carl