Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ Motion on all-802 Interims

I will also vote disapprove. In addition to the other comments which I
support, I find something even more objectionable - it creates a third
type of meeting (one that is not a plenary and not an interim) but we
have no rules for such a meeting.

Also, there are times due to ballot timing or other special needs that a
group needs another interim meeting location to further their work and
we shouldn't be making that onerous. If IEEE 802 sponsored interim sites
mean that WGs loose autonomy in selecting their interim time and place
or that IEEE 802 has excessive financial risk, than my preference would
be to no longer have IEEE 802 sponsored interims.

I am also offended by the tone of original message. That some groups are
choosing not to go to the London interim is not any surprise move. I
recall it being made clear from the time the January interim pricing was
first discussed that the some groups (.1 and .3) would find the price
excessive and not participate. Initial responses to that were that WGs
were encouraged but not required to attend. The decision was made to
have the interim in spite of that. Though I voted for the January
interim when negotiations reached a point where it seemed it would be
very messy for IEEE 802 to cancel it, I would not have voted for it if a
rule like this was in place. Since then, the unanimous vote on that last
ballot has been used to characterize us as all supporting the interim
which isn't the case (and reminds me of misleading campaign ads about
candidate voting records).

Sincerely,
Pat