Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Exec Secretary March T&L Funding

All,

I vote DISAPPROVE for the following reasons:

[1] May I respectfully point out that the motion reads 'without
precedent', which I believe is a statement of fact. What I want to see is
that this motion does not create precedent, the text used in the past for
this purpose reads 'without creating precedent'.

[2] I agree with point 3 below from James. As a follow on to that - if
Buzz is unable to obtain funding to attend the March 2010 plenary meeting
- and therefore has to resign the position of Executive Secretary - I
would not object to funding him as a contractor for that one meeting, on
the basis of continuity - and the lack of time to do anything else.

Best regards,
  David

***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org>