Re: [802SEC] New Model for IEEE Standards Maintenance

Hello Geoff,

What I'm saying is that those people who created the amendment did so with all due diligence,   the IEEE-SA
professional editing staff did their work with all due diligence,  and yet,  when I come to roll in that amendment,
I discover that mistakes have been made,  and a strict interpretation of the editing instructions is not
possible.

This is my experience with 802.11,  where I'm currently rolling in a 400-page amendment # 8.

It may be that this should not be the case.   Perhaps we should pay our volunteers more,  and insist that they
are intimately familiar with all ~2200 pages of the existing standard before being allowed to contribute any
material to it.   I would like to see the changes to the IEEE-SA rules that would achieve this ;0)

We're all human,  and humans make mistakes.   Saying "it should not be" doesn't change this.    Our systems
(i.e. balloting and resolution by committee) reduce,  but do not eliminate,  the probability of errors in
published amendments.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 1954 204 609 (office)