Re: [802SEC] 802.22 July EC Closing Motion Package

Dear EC Members

I talked to Paul and some of you over the last few days.

I would like thank everyone for taking the time to review the 802.22 motion at the EC meeting last Friday and to apologize for the  process missteps that made it impossible to approve. Special thanks to Bob and Subir, as well as Andew Myles and Peter Yee.
Our plan is to affirm the action via an email ballot of the WG and bring it back to the EC.
In the mean while, I am pleased to report that 802.22 is starting to gain traction in the market place as regulations progress in the US and the rest of the world. First 802.22 device is likely to go for FCC certification in the near future.
Likewise, work on the 802.22.3 Project is also gaining momentum, with the US Government (NTIA and NIST) interested in this activity, and also we are getting some new companies out of South Africa, Canada and Europe being involved.  At this point, I expect we will see growing participation at 2 out 3 Plenary Sessions. This is primarily driven by the number of meetings participants are able to attend each year. The third will be smaller, at least for now, but going forward we will ensure we are at all Plenaries.

Again, thanks for your comments and guidance.

Regards
Apurva
Apurva N. Mody, Ph. D.
Chairman, WhiteSpace Alliance (www.WhiteSpaceAlliance.org)
Chair, IEEE 802.22 Standard Working Group (www.ieee802.org/22)
Vice Chair, US National Spectrum Consortium
Cell: 404-819-0314
E-mail: apurva.mody@ieee.org