[802SEC] IEEE P802.3bt draft PAR extension request - DTE Power via MDI over 4-Pair
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: [802SEC] IEEE P802.3bt draft PAR extension request - DTE Power via MDI over 4-Pair
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 10:52:26 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 126.96.36.199 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) email@example.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:spamdiagnosticmetadata :spamdiagnosticoutput:content-language:accept-language:message-id :date:thread-index:thread-topic:subject:to:from :arc-authentication-results; bh=qXDVh4cR0LQ0a5tjDwaBeUNJF9l+Xl97WqWr8P9XBog=; b=sCA/wMRwmCPKqKMh6WbInCGFu24jAmjYAPlIUm4lK56lneYQyvs26Vt+HkEdw+4MMp jC19Vju3xPWEGpenj4nLx8yeDphL85NTc+jnuiYIGiPZ1p++UMtxduXChdVRYDYX+GZV Cjpma6mkGpPB3P/719BVz/g4eZfCBKDyAeNLOEMv4skgMrWtIPhVU9uXJJnW4miWl5xE kFHlNmnJ/6FWgUwnOd8yO1zBPAlEtlZKXNlk0LMqC6iS4ctMZPxdOHt1BtGxV3yvvV3G pEvt8L8XBNpRwMZ1nKAYvmy67A1JHjs3OyR/6a97KqwW/KiAGbz2mo/3wWspdDJ6Z/05 Eoqw==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1496400751; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=aoRdiK4O+XAlBuO8QnMRK7Lpi7B3l3jW4Qd19PWuIIf+/RSxJnqlGOpompK123u/AD /yhWGpTtxE9FQPQwWPYKXnfSBEvr8KV6BWXL9riUNU0nriPMonT6kIrASmkubko9zuQF eANTMMeqfgdG7H/YMQ+NWbbH10x4EROgf+1hXIAU7GCYokOLAk2UrbiOHd5t/ALhsunz DLikScWhuDPCIFM/PR2AJ2TEa4F+l7fl5RUcbfNbadI+byafpmtfpsZfZFOAHzpJcw6I zTOj2BAyOGTOaN0mOLFEZBCTV+vDvRi6BiZeeiDMfPstJen+1og9uJZLOuE5vdEjKJai 8ZyQ==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.ieee.org
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AdLbiebiDUBBQqmxQme4kHR+fY4qrw==
- Thread-topic: IEEE P802.3bt draft PAR extension request - DTE Power via MDI over 4-Pair
Dear EC members,
In support of subclause 9.2 'IEEE 802 LMSC Approval' of the LMSC Operations Manual please find below the required information in respect to the PAR extension request IEEE P802.3bt DTE Power via MDI over 4-Pair for consideration at the July 2017 plenary. While I believe that a PAR extension request would be eligible for consideration under '48 hour rule', I'm circulating this PAR extension request now as the draft was developed at the IEEE P802.3bt Task Force interim meeting last week, so is available for review.
 Draft PAR extension request and unmodified CSD responses (grandfathered 5 Criteria responses):
Draft PAR extension request: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0087-00-00EC-ieee-p802-3bt-dte-power-via-mdi-over-4-pair-par-extension-request.pdf>
Unmodified CSD responses (grandfathered 5 Criteria responses): <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/16/ec-16-0058-00-ACSD-802-3bt.pdf>
 Explanatory background material:
While I expect to request approval for IEEE P802.3bt to proceed to Sponsor ballot at the July 2017 IEEE 802 plenary, the IEEE P802.3bt PAR expires on 31st December 2017, hence an extension is required to complete sponsor ballot. The project started as a set of changes to the existing IEEE Std 802.3-2015 Clause 33 DTE Power via MDI and work was slowed as we were careful not to break existing implementations. A split to specify DTE Power via MDI over 4-Pair in a new separate Clause has greatly eased that concern. The IEEE P802.3bt Task Force has had 17 significant drafts and has resolved over 4,500 comments in an effort to cover all the technical issues required to expand to 4-pair power.
 Status of the development of the PAR:
The draft PAR modification and CSD responses are pending IEEE 802.3 Working Group approval at the July 2017 plenary.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.