|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
The Nominations and Appointments Committee (N&A) of the IEEE-SA Board of Governors is soliciting the names of candidates to serve on the 2019/2020 IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group (CAG) [Member at Large positions].
- Presents corporate member insight and guidance on needs, interest, vision, and products and services provided by the IEEE
- Establishes the CAG as a recognized conduit for corporate perspectives
- Serves as advocate for IEEE
- Promotes and advocates new work in the IEEE-SA in all areas of the standards life cycle
- Promotes corporate representation, membership, and entity-based activities
- Facilitates industry input and feedback on present and proposed methods and tools provided for development of standards and related products
- Provides standards sponsorship, as appropriate, for entity-based projects
- Advises on direction of IEEE-SA Corporate Program
Candidates must be interested in actively participating in managing the development of industry standards and must hold strategic positions at corporations that are at least Basic Entity Members of the IEEE-SA (or that are willing to join).
If you would like to be considered for the 2019/2020 IEEE-SA Corporate Advisory Group, please note the following rules that apply to any potential candidate, and forward a one-page bio/CV to Dave Ringle, Director IEEE-SA Governance, at email@example.com. Please include complete contact information [name, employer, postal address, phone #, fax #, email].
Please respond by 01 May 2018.
The list of candidates will be forwarded to the IEEE-SA Board of Governors Nominations and Appointments Committee (N&A) for its review, with a final decision on the candidate slate to be made by the IEEE-SA Board of Governors.
Rules for IEEE-SA CAG membership:
1. The time commitment is 3-6 meetings in 2019 and 3-6 meetings in 2020. There are typically 3 in-person meetings. The remainder of the meetings are teleconferences.
2019 CAG in-person meetings:
01-04 April in Bengaluru, India
09-12 September in Austin, Texas, USA
11-12 November in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
The 2020 meeting schedule has not yet been determined.
Attendance is expected at all meetings.
2. This is a non-funded position. You are expected to fund your own travel.
3. You must have an email address, web access, and a laptop computer to bring to the meetings.
Procedures related to the CAG are located at http://standards.ieee.org/deve
information located at http://standards.ieee.org/deve
Please contact Dave Ringle [firstname.lastname@example.org] if you have any questions.
We look forward to your participation in 2019/2020.
Bruce Kraemer, Chair
IEEE-SA Board of Governors Nominations and Appointments Committee
To unsubscribe from the STD-LIAISON-REPS list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STD-LIAISON-REPS&A=1
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
Description: MS-Word document