[802SEC] +++ EC Early Close Motion to schedule July electronic plenary
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: [802SEC] +++ EC Early Close Motion to schedule July electronic plenary
- From: "James P. K. Gilb" <000008e8b69871c2-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:18:40 -0700
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=s2048 header.b=TDaXiuUX; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=references:content-transfer-encoding:content-language:mime-version :user-agent:date:message-id:subject:from:to:dkim-signature; bh=lEaQT2yC7iZ9vnMdEaT5h4wymXmoaGrLOORvzY5LMl4=; b=QPQsCfagCIQekQs1wCTikI+bBhOQOd+CAOJyvpHlT3uUkvdbzNWBypO6i2WlHunGZb rR42rCnevtA1gqcRN2hHivydIKp4BgJYoa5RpWW8jdclCV3A4ihnCbqI5tnYbbjUhe3n mhTrS3bwkforpow3u9D6s3CVhdrcvPSXtr1Ztf1NyFOyiQ+SU/+7oz9RzMlFQ+O449+K FNer8v9TBdvQVcc30cZln/A39ocz6JPSHezTjxj3VYyb49wDMUpbccaMmYYWNmFFRN0S GLAi5W6kb16ZdLygNOTkzcDi1Q8UXiXu/T4JRK8IaCl1QQIb5FafKa8t0rmNnfiMVUjL 5i+w==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1591831128; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=IUEi74yD6wpFpOU7fv5Bx2Xm/rzipZYLEw6eUvqXTLFhZ6uYFKDPmh2xta2LbFCQpT C1/QxCCttoJd+qS2dohMNoh6j7/EmC2pWk3JxzXHpbrcq9sKpyep5p3JU0NBougGYEkU t5eRlqrFtb73QKCW8r9ZlDtXx77PtuDJcDegsZPFQcgDQ2Ggq/38w4TwaK9EJuFGKq6e IqDEDSiYK1B5vHXcSJhkuRc8xC77VmkfM3h/mGyvSRb+QB0jc6IuOpIdhpYBjoUS0VP7 rU+8Jmnya710yFPv5oCPQ6hi7puB41CXpBGdvos6FQNDIvQ9RFpqjWxy65BvYBGxA38P Zv5A==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Delivered-to: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 emlpav01.ieee.org 05ANIv4T030374
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ieee.org; s=mail; t=1591831137; bh=M7ssyr0W8/a4kOfGFho5ND5u3KTRwLTuiBwhjB2nGLA=; h=References:Date:Reply-To:From:Subject:To:List-Help: List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe:List-Owner:From; b=NtpX+mSZBK4N7w6EK0LbnKKHb2TtAtG2yRC1dPWWVP+fLoDDbO/ym7vCAqdJgfrwm q7Dy9p+DszXru6wfR9dFSr/7F/bZ6woa9Z0CHsHnvqKY5HAHjNMdoKAqYaYFRBE7KT Jd71nC+DaTZF5NfcGQ8PPo6F4njDW4lzcLs4ctic=
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "James P. K. Gilb" <Gilb_IEEE@YAHOO.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/68.8.0
Paul has authorized me to run the following early close motion:
Moved: Due to the change of the July 2020 Plenary Session due to
COVID-19 travel restrictions, suspend the following rules/procedures in
the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual From 11 June 2020 until 5 August 2020:
Suspend 4.1.3: Meetings
“The IEEE 802 LMSC meets in-person during plenary sessions.”
Suspend: 4.1.4 Procedure for limiting the length of the IEEE 802 sponsor
d) “The opening IEEE 802 LMSC meeting shall start at 8:00 a.m. and end
no later than 10:30 a.m. on Monday morning and the closing IEEE 802 LMSC
meeting shall start at 1:00 p.m. and shall end no later than 6:00 p.m.
on Friday of the plenary session”
and replace with:
"For the July 2020 plenary session, the opening IEEE 802 LMSC meeting
for the shall be held on 7/10/20 from 1:00-3:00 pm EDT and the closing
IEEE 802 LMSC meeting shall be held on 7/24/20 from 1:00-5:00 pm EDT"
Suspend: 5. IEEE 802 LMSC sessions
"All Working Group meetings during each Plenary Session shall be
Moved: Gilb, seconded: D'Ambrosia
Background: An analysis of the rules can be found in:
1) This is the first plenary of an even numbered year, so officer and
appointed positions at the WG and the LMSC expire. Elections should be
held and appointments made. For LMSC members, the affiliation and
endorsement letters are required for confirmation.
2) Each WG and TAG Chair will determine via their agenda (already in WG
P&P and by practice)
- Meetings during the plenary session that may be used for
- Number of meetings during the plenary session required to make 100%
3) Note that a WG or TAG is not required to meet every day during the
plenary session. Groups with many overlaps and limited "good"
teleconference time will have more days to hold meetings
4) Attendees will be able to gain, maintain and lose voting membership
via attendance at the meetings during the week as if it were a face to
5) As this is a plenary, no quorum is required for any WG meeting.
6) Study groups will need to be rechartered.
7) PARs will be handled via the process voted on during the June 2, 2020
8) Any IEEE 802 LMSC business not completed on 7/24/20 and PAR approvals
will be taken up on the August 4, 2020 teleconference.
9) We have no ICAIDs or appeals to deal with during this meeting.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.