|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
Paul has authorized me to run the following early close motion:
Moved: Due to the change of the July 2020 Plenary Session due to
COVID-19 travel restrictions, suspend the following rules/procedures in
the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual From 11 June 2020 until 5 August 2020:
Suspend 4.1.3: Meetings
“The IEEE 802 LMSC meets in-person during plenary sessions.”
Suspend: 4.1.4 Procedure for limiting the length of the IEEE 802 sponsor
d) “The opening IEEE 802 LMSC meeting shall start at 8:00 a.m. and end
no later than 10:30 a.m. on Monday morning and the closing IEEE 802 LMSC
meeting shall start at 1:00 p.m. and shall end no later than 6:00 p.m.
on Friday of the plenary session”
and replace with:
"For the July 2020 plenary session, the opening IEEE 802 LMSC meeting
for the shall be held on 7/10/20 from 1:00-3:00 pm EDT and the closing
IEEE 802 LMSC meeting shall be held on 7/24/20 from 1:00-5:00 pm EDT"
Suspend: 5. IEEE 802 LMSC sessions
"All Working Group meetings during each Plenary Session shall be
Moved: Gilb, seconded: D'Ambrosia
Background: An analysis of the rules can be found in:
1) This is the first plenary of an even numbered year, so officer and
appointed positions at the WG and the LMSC expire. Elections should be
held and appointments made. For LMSC members, the affiliation and
endorsement letters are required for confirmation.
2) Each WG and TAG Chair will determine via their agenda (already in WG
P&P and by practice)
- Meetings during the plenary session that may be used for
- Number of meetings during the plenary session required to make 100%
3) Note that a WG or TAG is not required to meet every day during the
plenary session. Groups with many overlaps and limited "good"
teleconference time will have more days to hold meetings
4) Attendees will be able to gain, maintain and lose voting membership
via attendance at the meetings during the week as if it were a face to
5) As this is a plenary, no quorum is required for any WG meeting.
6) Study groups will need to be rechartered.
7) PARs will be handled via the process voted on during the June 2, 2020
8) Any IEEE 802 LMSC business not completed on 7/24/20 and PAR approvals
will be taken up on the August 4, 2020 teleconference.
9) We have no ICAIDs or appeals to deal with during this meeting.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1