[802SEC] 802 restructuring ad hoc meeting notes 13:00-14:00 ET Tuesday 16 March 2021

Dear EC,

The draft meeting notes from our 16MAR2021 802 restructuring ad hoc are at https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/21/ec-21-0071-01-00EC-16mar2021-restructuring-ad-hoc-notes.docx for your review and comment.

In order to facilitate and organize discussion on the separate topics identified during our discussion, I have decided to establish the following sub-ad hocs; Operational Efficiency (Ben), Quality Standards (Geoff and Apurva), External Influence (Tuncer and Jay), Strategy (Paul), Technical Coherence (Roger), Hybrid Meeting Evaluation (JonR).

Regards,

--Paul

The following action items were assigned during the meeting:

1.    Action Item: Create Operational Efficiency sub-ad hoc.  BenR to host further discussion via EC reflector or telecon and report status at 20 April 2021 restructuring ad hoc meeting.
2.    Action Item: Create Quality Standards sub-ad hoc.  GeoffT and ApurvaM to host further discussion via EC reflector or telecon and report status at 20 April 2021 restructuring ad hoc meeting.
3.    Action Item: Create on External Influence ad hoc. TuncerB and JayH volunteered to lead discussion topic prior to the next restructuring ad hoc meeting.
4.    Action Item: Create Strategy sub-ad hoc PaulN to lead discussion on this topic prior to the next restructuring ad hoc meeting.
5.    Action Item: Create Technical Coherence sub-ad hoc, RogerM to lead discussion on this topic prior to the next restructuring ad hoc meeting.
6.    Action item: PaulN to capture the mission/purposed statement in the 802 Chair’s Guideline, with the direction that it be made publicly visible (e.g., on the www.ieee802.org home page).
7.    Action Item: JonR to lead Hybrid Meeting Evaluation sub-ad hoc discussion and report status at next restructuring ad hoc meeting.