Re: [802SEC] PAR Development

Glenn,

I guess you didn’t see my points in the chat window.

The ICAID for NENDICA notes under 3. Purpose

The goal of this activity is to document emerging requirements and directions for IEEE 802 networks, identify commonalities, gaps, and trends not currently addressed by IEEE 802 standards and projects, and facilitate building industry consensus towards proposals to initiate new standards development efforts

Under Section 5 Deliverables –

Deliverables will be of two types:

• Records of the meetings, including minutes and supporting documents, some of which may be prepared for delivery to other venues for purposes such as encouraging interest and participation

• A set of reports and other consensus outputs documenting the findings of the IC activity, with recommendations regarding overviews of current industry practice and trends, new standardization topics, documentation of use cases and user needs for those topics, and proposed organizational approaches to ensure effective participation from user communities

Per the ICAID -  802.1 provides oversight.  The ICAID states its Procedures are

  • IEEE 802 Policies & Procedures
  • IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual
  • IEEE 802 Working Group Policies & Procedures
  • IEEE 802 Nendica Report Development Process

If this group wants to work on building consensus for the need for a project that is fine.  But I do not agree with your assertion that this group can be tasked by the WG to then provide the PAR.

I think this is not in the spirit of how Industry Connections was proposed to be used, and it seems you are pushing the envelope with it.  I think you are much better off just getting a study group formed.

Regards

John