Re: [802SEC] +++ ECM (early close) +++ ballot on confirmation of Marc Holness as 802's RAC representative
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ ECM (early close) +++ ballot on confirmation of Marc Holness as 802's RAC representative
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 09:53:37 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=hpe.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=hpe.com; dkim=pass header.d=hpe.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=9t2Lv6J3k/IsywYbGfH9ZchQGSIiSnPjyC67wAo7Fm4=; b=RD7xcBaXyz3uavFBMzvMp68eRA5ampIEFl8YRzRDDK672Ew6by10fpo3gVW2ccjWbU0q3eSWXIkGsUH0XYtpBWiZYe0Jx3LoDmpjku2+fM2OvFVmVGKqnmoz6U53aerzOef4oKH3RdSwjzfkl3E9ap7ILD3gK6fwYyuaMG6c8hAF9b2SuGpQev0q8QOy2f1WFiV3VFGdbt/tMqDB+6+iaDm5xCjb0idgDHOSen6wyEhm+VmHm/G0uZlrFryinzxM9M3MX2F0WwB6gDqrmHFTHOL/ZLhKLpULgMXwjjKGQFQ2xmBxkgOs/zEv3/EVz6lxyBSadD90I5pQbj7eXc0HsA==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=B5hw699O/hDHc9ImkYS3XphLaGn7gE4R1PYlsWXRjL32RCFsdMOmeEXAwdgivFX8B7uoO/9ZPgYIVtLjsnxfqM/pX/kVjgo/YbGd2P3oSqwwyOWBJsGAN0By+nqpqOQPnNrT7YVWeWWy+470q3/xoe/ct0NrjNLNWV0/Qzk2OwNSGD+TMN2pCxBFsCuoYFdX4W0zgUWhIW6LX32ttQPyVZiAMYX3hIgeJkJ1LNaEWy42IO4uIzgchn+83b2Z4mPGBifZ7wuER3Vr83rzIFny5d709HOE02htkV2DHDnSS0qykc/+ko9dAB5VAr44+emUQMYgjQz296cCb2ASAfJtQQ==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <ae991fc9-5345-401d-9b44-096950733b7f@Spark>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <27be016c-a560-4d82-96bd-f5d041934168@Spark> <ae991fc9-5345-401d-9b44-096950733b7f@Spark>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Thread-index: AQHX93KMQDvQJxa/jke8xAy5zIogbKw/1sHA
- Thread-topic: [802SEC] +++ ECM (early close) +++ ballot on confirmation of Marc Holness as 802's RAC representative
I vote approve.
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> On Behalf Of Roger Marks
Sent: 22 December 2021 20:28
Subject: [802SEC] +++ ECM (early close) +++ ballot on confirmation of Marc Holness as 802's RAC representative
Dear EC members,
Per the 'early close' provision in subclause 4.1.2, this motion would confirm the appointment of Marc Holness as the IEEE 802 primary representative on the Registration Authority Committee (RAC). This position is opening because Roger Marks, the current representative, will assume the role of RAC Chair as of Jan 1. Geoff Thompson’s term as secondary representative continues through the end of 2022. This ballot is conducted per the request of the LMSC Chair.
Marc has been editor of a number of 802.1 (and 802.17) standards and is currently editor of P802f. He has engaged significantly with the RAC, particularly on EtherType issues, since 2020.
The IEEE 802 LMSC confirms the LMSC Chair's appointment of Marc Holness as primary representative on the IEEE Standards Association Registration Authority Committee, for a 3 year term beginning 01 January 2022.
Move: Roger Marks
Second: Glenn Parsons
Start of ballot: 22 December 2021
Close of ballot: 1 January 2022 AOE
Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the appointment is concluded in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.