[802SEC] Notice of March 2022 IEEE 802 LMSC Executive Committee election process

Dear EC Members,

Per the LMSC P&P sections 3.1 and 4.0 all 802 executive committee members are elected or appointed and confirmed at the first Plenary session of each even numbered year. Therefore election/appointments are scheduled to occur at the March 2022 Virtual Plenary Session.  Please circulate this notice to your Group's participants.

Details of the March 2022 IEEE 802 LMSC Executive Committee election process are defined in https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/22/ec-22-0032-00-00EC-march-2022-ec-election-appointment-process.pdf .

I will stand for re-election as Chair of 802. If I am re-elected, I plan to fill the 802 Appointed Officer positions as follows: first Vice Chair-James Gilb, second Vice-Chair-Roger Marks, Recording Secretary-John D’Ambrosia, Executive Secretary-Jon Rosdahl and Treasurer-George Zimmerman. I also plan to appoint the following individuals to fill the non-voting positions of 802 Member Emeritus Treasurer Advisor-Clint Chaplin, 802 Member Emeritus-Advisor-Geoff Thompson and Hibernating Working Group Chairs: 802.16 Chair-Roger Marks, 802.21 Subir Das and 802.22 Apurva Mody.

If you, or others in your Groups, wish to be considered for the 802 Chair or the appointed positions, please contact me and the Recording Secretary as soon as possible.

All potential EC members--please remember to submit your letter of endorsement and disclosure of affiliation to John D’Ambrosia as soon as possible, but not later than the March 2020 opening EC meeting.

Finally, please carefully review the Disclosure of Affiliation FAQ (standards.ieee.org/faqs/affiliation.html) and the IEEE Standards Board Bylaws, 5.2.1.5 Disclosure of Affiliation* (standards.ieee.org/about/policies/bylaws/sect5.html) to ensure all candidates for 802 leadership positions fully understand this requirement and are in compliance with the policy.

Regards,

Paul Nikolich
Chairman, IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee