The May 2007 meeting was held at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth II, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
As of this meeting, the 802.11 membership consists of 327 voting members.
These Ballots were initiated since the prior meeting:
- Letter Ballot 98 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11r-D5.0. It closed April 4, 2007. It passed with 95% approval. (350 approve, 19 disapprove, 67 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 99 was a procedural letter ballot for the approval of 802.11T-D0.14. It closed April 12, 2007. It passed with 94% approval. (244 approve, 16 disapprove, 38 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 100 was a procedural letter ballot for the approval of 802.11w-D1.3. It closed April 14, 2007. It passed with 97% approval. (237 approve, 7 disapprove, 31 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 101 was a letter ballot for 802.11T-D1.0. It closed May 16, 2007. It passed with 76% approval (163 approve, 52 disapprove, 57 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 102 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11w-D2.0. It closed May 2, 2007. It passed with 89% approval (227 approve, 29 disapprove, 61 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 103 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11k-D7.0. It closed May 5, 2007. It passed with 92% approval (363 approve, 29 disapprove, 39 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 104 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11y-D2.0. It closed May 5, 2007. It passed with 84% approval (221 approve, 41 disapprove, 62 abstain)
These new Ballots were initiated from this meeting:
- The working group approved a 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11r-D6.0
- The working group approved a 30 day letter ballot of 802.11u-D1.0
- The working group approved a 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11y-D3.0
Other WG activities:
- The Working Group approved TGu liaison letter 11-07-0825-00-0000 to NENA
- The Working Group approved TGu liaison letter 11-07-0826-00-0000 to IETF EMU
- Upcoming Interim meeting locations were discussed:
- September 11-16, 2007 - Waikoloa, Hawai'i, USA, Hilton Waikoloa Village
- January 13-18, 2008 - Taipei, Taiwan, Hotel TBD
The consolidated working group and task group minutes for this meeting are available here
The reports for the individual task groups are linked below:
Project 802.11k, Radio Resource Measurement of Wireless LANs Project 802.11m, Maintenance PAR Project 802.11n, High Throughput Project 802.11p, Wireless Access in the Vehicular Environment Project 802.11r, Fast Roaming Fast Handoff Project 802.11s, Mesh Networking Project 802.11T, Wireless Performance Prediction Project 802.11u, Interworking With External Networks Project 802.11v, Wireless Network Management Project 802.11w, Protected Management Frames Project 802.11y, Contention Based Protocol
The reports for the individual standing committees are linked below:
WNG SC, Wireless LAN Next Generation Standing Committee
The reports for the individual study and ad hoc groups are linked below:
DLS SG, Direct Link Setup Study Group QSE SG, Quality of Service Enhancements Study Group VHT SG, Very High Throughput Study Group VTS SG, Video Transport Stream Study Group IETF SG, IETF Ad Hoc Group IMT-A SG, IMT Advanced Ad Hoc Group
The next meeting of 802.11 will take place July 15th - 20th, 2007 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, CA, USA. See IEEE 802.11 Meeting Plan for details.
This page is maintained by Stuart J. Kerry. Comments are welcome.
Copyright (c) 2007, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.