The November 2007 meeting was held at the Hyatt Regency, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
As of this meeting, the 802.11 membership consists of xxx voting members.
BallotsThese ballots were initiated since the prior meeting:
See letter ballots for details.
- Letter Ballot 112 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11y-D5.0. It closed October 13th, 2007.
It passed with 95% approval. (257 approve, 11 disapprove, 59 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 113 not used
- Letter Ballot 114 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11w-D3.0. It closed October 19th, 2007.
It passed with 92% approval. (245 approve, 21 disapprove, 59 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 115 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11n-D3.0. It closed October 27th, 2007.
It passed with 84% approval. (240 approve, 43 disapprove, 27 abstain)
These new ballots were initiated from this meeting:
- The working group approved a 15 day letter ballot for approval of the sponsor ballot recirculation #2 comments for 802.11k
- The working group approved a 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11w-D4.0
- The working group approved a 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11y-D6.0
Other WG activities:
- The Working Group approved the following output items:
- Upcoming Interim meeting locations were discussed:
- January 13-18, 2008 - Taipei, Taiwan, Howard Plaza Hotel
- May 11-16, 2008 - Jacksonville, Florida, USA, Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
- September 7-12, 2008 - Big Island, Hawai'i, USA, Hilton Waikoloa Village
Minutes & ReportsThe consolidated working group and task group minutes for this meeting are available here
The reports for the individual task groups are linked below:
Project 802.11k, Radio Resource Measurement of Wireless LANs Project 802.11m, Maintenance PAR Project 802.11n, High Throughput Project 802.11p, Wireless Access in the Vehicular Environment Project 802.11r, Fast Roaming Fast Handoff Project 802.11s, Mesh Networking Project 802.11T, Wireless Performance Prediction Project 802.11u, Interworking With External Networks Project 802.11v, Wireless Network Management Project 802.11w, Protected Management Frames Project 802.11y, Contention Based Protocol Project 802.11z, Direct Link Setup
The reports for the individual standing committees are linked below:
WNG SC, Wireless LAN Next Generation Standing Committee
The reports for the individual study and ad hoc groups are linked below:
QSE SG, Quality of Service Enhancements Study Group VHT SG, Very High Throughput Study Group VTS SG, Video Transport Stream Study Group IETF SG, IETF Ad Hoc Group IMT-A SG, IMT Advanced Ad Hoc Group
The next meeting of 802.11 will take place January 13th - 18th 2008 at the Howard Plaza Hotel, Taipei, Taiwan. See meeting locations for details.
This page is maintained by Stuart J. Kerry. Comments are welcome.
Copyright (c) , the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.