[RPRWG] Voting for proposals

Hi Mike:

I fully agree with your approach on focusing on technical issues and not editorial ones. I feel eliminating
entire documents through voting until only two remain is not a smart idea. Maybe other dot groups have been
doing it for a while, but it still doesn't make it a good idea.

What our technical editor should do is to start with an IEEE 802.x template document. Then based on votes on
individual issues that are represented in different documents and take issues (cut-and-paste them) from those
documents and thus complete a baseline. The authors have already used IEEE templates, making it even easier
to do a cut-and-paste.

Every document has good and bad sections. Eliminating an entire document because it didn't garner enough
hands at the voting would be a waste of so much work that had gone behind creating the document. We've this
meeting and next meeting and all the time in between to do this editing, and we can easily accomplish this.We
only have a handful of documents to look at, so it shouldn't be hard.

Then we would've taken the best of the work and have a document that represents consensus work. From then we
can work further on the issues to complete a draft standard.

Best regards,
Pankaj