Re: [802SEC] Spam on email reflectors

Replies sent only to originator.  Use "reply all" to reply to the list

Mike,

802.16 doesn't. One major problem with restriction is that many
people use different return addresses, depending on their
circumstance when they send the note. The restricted reflector is set
up to accept only one of these. There will be a lot of bounces,
although maybe people can get used to this.

Another option is to set the "taboo body" parameter to auto-bounce
messages with certain unacceptable words. This is a crude way to
filter spam. I'm hesitant to start writing a list of such words.
Perhaps the spammers are clever enough to avoid this kind of trap
anyway.

I've been hoping that some creative person in the IEEE IT department
will find a brilliant solution.

Roger