[802SEC] P802.3at PAR and Five Criteria (Residential Ethernet)

Colleagues:

Please find attached the PAR and Five Criteria for consideration at the March Plenary.  Residential Ethernet is targeted toward interconnection of consumer electronics.  Presentations and minutes of the study group are available on our web site public area, and a tutorial will be presented on the PAR in the first Monday slot.  Objectives adopted by the study group include support of isochronous service with bounded latency and low latency jitter, synchronization, and ability to use existing 802.3 PHYs and Power over Ethernet.

The PAR and Criteria have not yet been approved by IEEE 802.3.  Consequently, the PAR has not been presubmitted to NesCom.

I will supply you with a URL for these documents when they are posted to our public web pages.

Bob Grow
Chair, IEEE 802.3
bob.grow@ieee.org

draftPAR.pdf