[802SEC] 802.1 straw poll on March 2009 venue

Buzz -

I am still getting responses trickling in, but the pattern seems to
be pretty clear from what I have seen so far - of ~35 responses, I am
seeing 6:1 in favour of Vancouver. The issue is cost; many have said
that if the costs had been closer, they would have chosen Rome.

So my interpretation of this, and what I know of the costs of recent
802.1 interims, is that there is support in 802.1 for meeting outside
North America, but there is a cost limit above which that support
will disappear. Rome is on the wrong side of that line by a good
margin as far as I can tell.

Regards,
Tony