Our January 2004 meeting was held at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, Vancouver, BC, Canada. As of this meeting, 802.11 membership consists of 469 voting members, and 136 nearly voters.
These Letter Ballots closed in the weeks preceding this meeting:
- LB63: Recirculation Letter Ballot for 802.11e Draft 6.0. It passed with a vote of 249 : 29 : 23. The ballot had a 94% return and 90% approval.
- LB64: Recirculation Letter Ballot for 802.11j Draft 1.2. It passed with a vote of 212 : 27 : 24. The ballot had a 57% return and 89% approval.
- The working group approved forwarding 802.11e D7.0 to recirculation ballot. This was issued as LB 65.
- The working group approved forwarding 802.11j D1.3 to recirculation ballot. This was issued as LB 66. The use of procedure 10 was requested to enable forwarding the draft to sponsor ballot at the next plenary if all conditions are met..
Other WG activities:
The reports for the individual task groups are linked below:
- The WNG SC and the WG approved motions to form the Wireless Interworking with External Networks Study Group.
- The WNG SC and the WG approved motions to form the Wireless Network Management Study Group.
- Mathew Shoemake resigned as chair of 802.11n. Bruce Kraemer was elected the new chair of 802.11n.
- Donald Eastlake was elected as chair of the ESS Mesh Study Group.
- Charles Wright was elected as chair of the Wireless Performance Prediction (WPP) Study Group.
- Upcoming Interim meeting locations were discussed:
- May 9-14, 2004 -Anaheim, California
- September 2004 - Berlin, Germany
Project 802.11e, MAC Enhancements for Quality of Service Project 802.11i, MAC Enhancements for Security Project 802.11j, 4.9 GHz - 5 GHz Operation in Japan Project 802.11k, Radio Resource Measurement of Wireless LANs Project 802.11m, Maintenance PAR Project 802.11n, High Throughput
WNG, Wireless LAN Next Generation Standing Committee Publicity Publicity Committee
The next meeting of 802.11 will take place March 15 - 19, 2004 – a
the Hilton Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA
See IEEE 802.11 Meeting Plan for details.
USEFUL LINKS TO OTHER SITES:
IEEE P802.11 WLANs RELATED
This page is maintained by Stuart J. Kerry and Tim Godfrey. Comments are welcome.