The November 2008 meeting was held at the Hyatt Regency, Dallas, Texas, USA.
As of this meeting, the IEEE 802.11 membership consists of xxx voting members.
November 9th-14th Hyatt Regency, Dallas, TX, USA 112 Plenary 802.11 WG, TGs, SGs, SC & AHC Combined Agenda includes all Objectives & the WG Graphic 11-08-1196r6
(The combined agenda for this session will be posted 30 days before the session)
Official WG PAR Projects & Timescales
Hotel Booking, Session Registration & General Info
BallotsThese ballots were initiated since the prior meeting:
See letter ballots for details.
- Letter Ballot 134 was a recirculation letter ballot for 802.11n-D6.0. It closed August 5th, 2008.
It passed with 91% approval. (266 approve, 27 disapprove, 21 abstain)
- Letter Ballot 135 was a letter ballot for 802.11z-D2.0. It closed August 20th, 2008.
It failed with 66% approval. (99 approve, 51 disapprove, 48 abstain)
These new ballots were approved from this meeting:
- 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11n-D7.0
- 15 day recirculation letter ballot of 802.11u-D4.0
Other WG activities:
- The Working Group approved the following output items:
- Liaison output to IEEE 802.16, document 11-08-1192r0, which discusses IMT-A options for IEEE 802.11
- Liaison to JTC/1, document 11-08-1166r0, which is liaison text to be sent from the IEEE 802.11 WG to the ISO/IEC Secretariat and China’s National Body as its response to the Xi’an meeting considering WAPI standardization
- Upcoming Interim meeting locations were discussed:
- January 18-23, 2009 - Los Angeles, CA, USA, Hyatt Century Plaza
Minutes & ReportsThe consolidated working group and task group minutes for this meeting are available here
The reports for the individual task groups are linked below:
Project 802.11m, Maintenance PAR Project 802.11n, High Throughput Project 802.11p, Wireless Access in the Vehicular Environment Project 802.11s, Mesh Networking Project 802.11u, Interworking With External Networks Project 802.11v, Wireless Network Management Project 802.11w, Protected Management Frames Project 802.11y, Contention Based Protocol Project 802.11z, Direct Link Setup Project 802.11aa, Video Transport Streams Project 802.11ac, Very High Throughput <6GHz
The reports for the individual standing committees are linked below:
WNG SC, Wireless LAN Next Generation Standing Committee ARC: Architecture Standing Committee
The reports for the individual study and ad hoc groups are linked below:
VHT SG, Very High Throughput Study Group JTC1 AHC, JTC1 Ad Hoc Committee IMT-A AHC, IMT Advanced Ad Hoc Committee 802.16 Liaison AHC: 16 co-existance liaison Ad Hoc Committee
The next meeting (#113) is at the Hyatt Century Plaza, Los Angeles, California, USA from January 18th-23th.
See November 2008 meeting for details.
This page is maintained by Stephen McCann. Comments are welcome.
Copyright (c) , the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE).
All rights reserved.
This website may contain names, logos, designs, titles, words, or phrases that may
constitute trademarks, service marks, or tradenames of the IEEE or other entities
which may be registered in certain jurisdictions.